Webinar- Map Your Neighborhood
02:00 PM - 03:00 PM
The registration limit has been reached
Participants will be emailed instructions and directions for this session the day before.
Please only indicate how many people will be tuning in to the webinar (not how many are associated with your group) in order to ensure the maximum amount of space for participants.
Times are EST - 2pm EST - 1pm Central - 11am PT
Rosanne J. Garrand, Public Education Coordinator, Washington State Emergency Management
This presentation will walk you through what is Map Your Neighborhood and how it an help you in an emergency.
MYN will help you to:
- Learn the “9 Steps to Take Immediately Following a Disaster” to secure your home and to protect your neighborhood. It is hard to think clearly following disaster and these steps will help you to quickly and safely take actions that can minimize damage and protect lives.
- Identify the Skills and Equipment each neighbor has that would be useful in an effective disaster response. Knowing which neighbors have supplies and skills helps your disaster response be timely, and allows everyone to contribute to the response in a meaningful way.
- Create a Neighborhood Map identifying the locations of natural gas and propane tanks for quick response if needed.
- Create a Contact List that helps identify those with specific needs such as elderly, disabled, or children who may be home alone during certain hours of the day.
- Work together as a team to evaluate your neighborhood during the first hour following a disaster and take the necessary actions.